Thursday, November 3, 2011

QUESTIONS COMMONLY ASKED BY PATIENTS

# What is causing the problems?

# Am I alone? How does my experience compare with that of other patients?

# Is there anything I can do myself to ameliorate the problem?

# What is the purpose of the tests and investigations?

# What are the different treatment options?

# What are the benefits of the treatment(s)?

# What are the risks of the treatment(s)?

# Is it essential to have treatment for this problem?

# Will the treatment(s) relieve the symptoms?

# How long will it take to recover?

# What are the possible side effects?

# What effect the treatment(s) have on my feelings and emotions?

# What effect will the treatment(s) have on my sex life?

# How will it affect my risk of disease in the future?

# How can I prepare myself for the treatment?

# What procedures will be followed if I go to hospital?

# When can I go home?

# What do my cares need to know?

# What can I do to speed recovery?

# What are the options for rehabilitation?

# How can I prevent recurrence or future ilness?

# Where can I get more information about the problem or treatments?

No comments:

Post a Comment